Allariz
Allariz is located in the western half of the province of Orense
. Its old town, offers a good condition, thanks to the rehabilitation effort in recent years.
Monuments: Monday, March 7, 2011
Santa Clara Convent and Museum of Sacred Art
Founded in 1268 by Queen
Violante, wife of Alfonso X the Wise. The temple was built in the XIII century
but the current reconstruction is the eighteenth century. Has the faculty
Founded in 1268 by Queen
Violante, wife of Alfonso X the Wise. The temple was built in the XIII century
but the current reconstruction is the eighteenth century. Has the faculty
-
- largest Baroque Spain. Here nuns live in strict closure so you can not only access to the church and the museum that contains two pieces of great interest: "A Virxe abrideira" related with models of the XIIIth Compostela and A crystal cross. " At right is the Church of San Benito.
- Campo da Barreira Delimited east by the facade of the Royal Monastery of Santa Clara, is in the center circular Source Ferro Caaveiro the year 1783 with tree issue.
-
- Church of San Benito (San Bieito)
- Located on the south side of Campo da Barreira. Its construction began in 1770
- . It is a baroque pattern, the proportion of its elements, lantern and bell tower.
-
- Parish Church of St. Stephen (Santo Estevo)
- Romance, the first third of XII was amended in 1581
- , when the tower is built. In the south wall, there are three tombs encased in relieving arches. The work of the sixteenth century San Esteban is made with blocks of "Campo dos Brancos," which starts with a correlation between the reconstruction das Romanesque churches and the destruction of the fortifications.
-
- Penedo da Vela and Castillo
- Atalaya natural in the former settlement of the Castle. View. began construction between 1072 and
1078 to Alfonso VI
- . Between the late fourteenth and early fifteenth suffered a substantial reconstruction. Had rectangular interior division in two tables, possibly corresponding to the two current platforms. Four circular towers, one at each corner. Already in poor condition from long ago, the castle disappears in the middle of the nineteenth century as a result of the confiscation of Madoz.
-
- Church of Santiago
- 1119 Initiated into
- is an archetypal example of Galician Romanesque popular. Single nave and semicircular apse, retains all its original structure. The famous stretch semicircular apse is a triumph of Romanesque figurative decoration with blind arches.
-
- A Paneiro
- Casa-Torre de Castro Ojea
- has three bodies around the tower dating from the early sixteenth century
- . The facade of the Calle de la Cruz is
- 1748, Baroque style
.
- Remains of the wall
-
- In its final route (late XV) reaches a length of 1 km with a width average of 2 m and 11 m in height on average, at some point reaching 20 meters.
- Ethnographic Park
- do Arnoia Made up of old buildings associated with industrial activities: Muíño do Burato, two tanneries Nogueira, Museo do Tecido. An entry is combined for all and to do Xoguete Galego Museum.
For more information visit this site
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment